How to Increase Organic Traffic
- Carefully choose queries your audience uses to look for your product or service.
- Create high quality content around your target personas.
- SEO-optimize your content.
- Measure results.
Why is it important to focus on organic traffic for conversions?
According to our own research here at BrightEdge, an estimated 51 percent of your website traffic is due to organic search. This information is mirrored by studies which have found that an estimated 94 percent of B2B buyers conduct research online before making a purchase. In other words, people who are most interested in making purchases often start by doing research online. Focusing on providing better quality content for those arrive through organic searches can have an enormous impact on your bottom line.
Organic Traffic Channel Performance Graph in BrightEdge Story Builder
The importance of content that adds value
For your website to turn a new visitor who arrives from an organic search query into a customer, you need to begin by providing content that adds immediate value. These new visitors might not be familiar with your brand or company personally. Even if they have heard of your brand, they likely have not purchased from you before. Your content needs to make your value clear. It needs to encourage your customers to read more and learn what you have to offer.
How do I develop content that will engage visitors and encourage conversions?
- Start by understanding your buyer personas. This will give you information on of the type of person that you are marketing to and what matters most to them in their purchasing decisions.
- Map these personas to their buyer’s journey so that you can identify the type of information these people are going to be most interested in throughout their journey.
- Use data research to better understand what your customers want to read and the types of keywords that will help you get the most traffic.
- Create high-value content that will inform and engage the reader so they know they can trust you to answer their needs.
- Build a strong web presence so this new visitor has ample opportunities to get to know you better, such as accounts on the major social media platforms, landing pages that offer webinars or ebooks and mailing lists that will keep them updated on your brand.
- Create personalized content for customers throughout their journey and coax them closer to the conversion point.
Organic traffic is one of the most important factors in your revenue rates. Since customers are now in control of the buying process, they are more likely to perform searches when they need a new product or service. Preparing your content to answer this need will help you grow your company and revenue.
- Approach SEO strategically - explore SEO Management best practices
- Organic vs paid search - what is the main difference?