The Value of a Guest Post
What is a guest post?
A guest post is when you are offered space to write a post on someone else’s blog or website. When you create a guest post, you are given the opportunity to engage with a new audience and present your ideas, which can be a great chance to promote your brand and provide technical benefits for your own site and content.
What benefits can you see for brand promotion?
When you write a guest post, you can cast yourself as a thought leader within your industry. The site you are posting on has their own audience that has come to trust that website and their opinions. By inviting you to create a post, they are telling their audience that you are trustworthy as well.
Writing a guest post provides you with an excellent opportunity to promote your ideas and build your brand as one that this new audience should listen to. If your new readers like what you have to say, you can help expand your brand’s prospects and encourage new people to enter your sales funnel.
What benefits can you see on a technical level?
Guest posting can be a great way to boost traffic and encourage backlinks. Depending on the site where your guest post will be published, you may be able to create backlinks to your guest piece as sources or in your biography.
Keep in mind that your host is not looking to post a sales pitch, so do not overuse links to your site. However, if you have a page with incredible insight into a relevant subject, it can be a good opportunity to link to it. This helps build quality backlinks, which can boost your rankings.
If the host wants to NOFOLLOW any links back to your website, there are still opportunities to promote yourself. You will be encouraging people to check out your background and visit your website, even if it does not count as a backlink. The traffic and engagement rates will also help improve your page’s ranking.
How do I get the opportunity to post a guest post?
- Identify a few websites and blogs that have strong visitation numbers and would be open to having a guest post.
- Create content for your own site that is strong and offers the level of insight that the host site will want to see.
- Nurture relationships with the host site by engaging with their material and form relationships with the people at that brand.
- Ask if they accept guest posters and have content available to promote. They will want to see sample articles so they can judge the quality of your writing and how well you will fit with their audience.
Guest posting can be a great way to build visibility and take advantage of the enormous crowds that follow a variety of sites. Take the time to find the right blog and develop a high-quality piece to get started.
- Content that measurably performs - learn how to write content with which you'll easily get invited to do guest posts.
- SEO Needs Better PR: 5 Steps to Elevate SEO in Your Organization