Research shows that blogs are becoming increasingly important in an era of SEO and AI. Blogging remains essential for enterprise brands to ensure they are always in front of their customers, giving them fast and direct access to their questions with answers that resonate and educate.
To gain insights into the role of blogs in search engine results, BrightEdge's SearchIQ analyzed a mix of 10,000 intent, conversational, and transactional keywords across various industries such as banking, insurance, retail, and more.
Based on research conducted in August of 2023, we found that:
- Blogs prominently feature among the top 10 SERP results - setting aside homepage listings.
- Blogs' frequent appearance within the top 3 and top 5 search results.
- Blogs that win in the SERPS mirror many SEO ideals, from in-depth content to an ideal balance of text and coding.
In this paper, we uncover the following;
- The pivotal role of blog content in connecting with consumers in various search scenarios.
- Key SEO elements that impact success.
- Recommendations on using quality data to make precise decisions on topics and content.
- Insights into the strategic importance of blogs for omnichannel marketing.