Ecommerce Retailer Finish Line Generates a 258% Increase in Organic Trafﬁc Against Established Competitors with BrightEdge
Finish Line had a focus to make digital strides in promoting their back-to-school initiative for the months of July and August. This is a prime time for families and students to make purchases in advance of the school year. The goals were to surpass last year’s performance and cut into the market share of their largest competitors.
The Finish Line team ran a site audit using ContentIQ for targeted page groups and found multiple technical issues to address. They used the Data Cube to identify target keywords and universal content opportunities for which they developed and enhanced their content. The Recommendations feature greatly assisted in generating specific on-page optimization tactics to implement. With StoryBuilder, they built a customized dashboard to measure success and review YoY data.
The results started showing momentum with page-1 keyword rankings in the middle of July. Conversely, one of the larger industry websites experienced a relatively flat ranking for the same targeted keyword set. By the week of August 5, Finish Line had delivered a 56% increase on page-1 rankings.
SUMMARY OF RESULTS
- 65% increase in page-1 rankings (July vs August)
- 258% increase in visits (July 2017 vs July 2018)
- 160% increase in page views (July 2017 vs July 2018)
- Surpassed key competitors in Share of Voice for tracked back-to-school keywords
- Owns 32% more keywords on page 1 compared to a key competitor for tracked Back-to-School keywords