Why blog? The role of blogging in a content marketing strategy
The role of blogging in a content marketing strategy
Blogging is an important part of any content marketing strategy because it is the part of your site that you will most frequently update with new posts and information to keep readers engaged. It is often through blog content that you first entice people to your site and start to build your brand’s audience.
Benefits of blogging
Establishing a blog will help enhance your SEO marketing strategy and improve your search results on SERPs. With an upkept blog, you will be regularly putting out fresh content that covers topics that people want to learn about. Intelligent, well written posts will help you establish your company as an authority in the field. These blog posts will also contain prominent keywords in your industry, helping your post rank well in SERPs.
When people find the content in your blog helpful, they will also create links to individual pages which can build your organic backlink profile. These benefits will help boost your ranking, and therefore your visibility.
Blogging also builds your organization. Distributed content can be a great way to bring in new customers. A blog provides you with a platform to regularly update with new insights. As customers follow your blog, they will be treated to a steady stream of insightful posts, which helps build their loyalty and trust.
How to measure the success of your blog
There are a variety of metrics you can use to gauge the success of your blog. Choose the measurements that best reflect what you are trying to accomplish with your writing.
- Traffic rates— see how many people are reading your blog, comparing new readers to return readers to gain insights into reach and loyalty
- Activities on the site— see what people do after reading a post. Do they click to other others? Do they explore the rest of your site? Do they just leave your website?
- Gauge how many blog readers eventually become leads and then customers
- Backlinks— how often do your blog posts attract backlinks and from what sources?
- Share of Voice— how does your blogging impact your brand’s Share of Voice?
Blogging is a fantastic tool for building a content marketing strategy. Get started building your blog today and see why it is such a popular content development option for brands.