How To Stay Up-To-Date with the Latest Digital Trends
Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and become a thought leader in the process
The digital industry continues to change at a rapid rate. Several times a year, Google releases new updates to their algorithm, which can then cause changes in the strategies people use on their websites. Staying up to date on all of the different changes that occur can sometimes feel like an entire job on its own. Here are a few helpful strategies to make sure we remain up-to-date on the latest changes in digital trends.
- Follow Google
- Follow leading digital blogs
- Subscribe to popular industry magazines
1. Follow Google. With over 60 percent of online searches going through Google, the search engine giant has an enormous impact on digital trends and SEO optimization strategies. Brands that want to remain updated on the latest developments and trends should follow Google’s various content outlets closely.
Various Google representatives actively post on Twitter, making them great resources for those who want to know as soon as Google makes official announcements. Google also publishes various blogs that discuss some of their latest updates and recommendations. Signing up for their digests to receive an email whenever Google posts a new update.
2. Follow leading digital blogs. A number of leaders in the digital world have made it their mission to stay updated on the latest trends and changes in SEO. These professionals use a variety of tracking software, along with conversations with search engine representatives, to stay on top of any changes in the industry. Following these digital leaders' blogs can provide the latest updates as well.
At BrightEdge, we work to do this for our community. Our blog provides valuable information for our followers, helping them understand not only the latest changes, but also how these changes personally impact them and their SEO strategy.
3. Subscribe to popular industry magazines. In addition to blogs, there are also several industry publications that solicit contributions from some of the best minds in the industry. Our own Jim Yu regularly publishes at Search Engine Watch, Marketing Watch, and MarketingLand. These publications do a wonderful job of updating followers on industry news and trends so you can feel confident you have some of the latest information.
Remaining updated and informed on the digital industry has become an important part of being a successful professional. Using these strategies can help you stay informed and ready to maximize your online presence.