How to Optimize a Google Ads Campaign?
SEO for Google Ads campaign
Google Ad campaigns provide organizations with tremendous potential to engage with their target audience and make sure that their brand appears high on the SERP for important queries. However, knowing how to optimize the ads they create can help marketers ensure that their campaign brings in as much traffic and as many conversions as possible.
Here are four ideas for optimizing your Google Ads campaign.
- Keyword research
- Create ad text and headlines
- Employ A/B testing
- Use filters
1. Keyword research. Begin by optimizing for the keywords and key terms you want to target with the ad. Know what search terms matter the most to your target customers and where on the journey they will likely be when making such a search. This will help you create content that correlates well with the likely user intent.
Remember that Google Ads can also be a great tool if you have a highly competitive keyword that you struggle to get your material to rank for organically. You can use an ad campaign to keep your brand visible for customers making this search.
2. Create ad text and headlines based on user intent. You want to make sure that your ads align closely with the intent of your user to encourage them to click and engage. To gain a better understanding of the likely user intents of people who search for your targeted keywords, look at how the SERP appears now. Look at the content on the top ranking sites and how the SERP listing is constructed to better understand what people likely want to see when they enter this search. Then you can model your ad after these listings.
3. A/B testing. Optimizing in Google Adwords comes down to always looking for ways to improve. A/B testing makes it easy for brands to see how their readers respond to different headlines, ad text, and formats. When you employ these tests, you will learn how to encourage more people to click on your ad.
Create alternate forms of your ads and then create A/B tests that will help you understand which version performs better. Carefully track your results, looking not only at how many people click on the ad, but also which ones produce more leads, conversions, and revenue for the organization. It will help you continue to refine and improve your ad design.
4. Use filters to get the best possible match. Google Ads also offers a few options for you to narrow the audience who will see your ad. Since you have to pay per click, this can help you improve your ROI.
One of the easiest to implement are the geographic restrictions. You can select certain areas where you want to display your ad, so that only people who are within these boundaries will see it.
You can also consider going to an exact match for your targeted keyword. Although this does narrow down the searches you will be exposed for, it helps to ensure that those you do appear on will attract the eyes of those most likely to buy.
Google Adwords offers a number of benefits and opportunities for brands. The better you understand how to optimize your campaign, the more success you will see.