The Value of Integrated Marketing
What is integrated marketing?
Integrated marketing is a concept that is based on creating consistent campaigns across different platforms to provide a comprehensive customer experience across all channels.
What is an integrated marketing campaign?
An integrated marketing campaign understands that customers are not confined to a single channel. Consumers today are encountering brands and advertisements everywhere they go, from the bus to their favorite websites to their email. For your brand to stand out to this type of customer, you need to create campaigns that live on the platforms that the customers frequent while being tied together so that they stand out in their minds.
When your campaign is fully integrated, customers will recognize it regardless of where they see it. This will help them remember what you had to say, thus beginning your relationship with them.
What does an integrated marketing campaign look like?
A quality integrated marketing campaign will take on a few features. Visually and textually, they will provide consistent messaging regardless of the platform. Your colors, the layout and the images should all be easily recognizable across the different formats.
Your campaign also specifically targets a variety of platforms that are regularly viewed by the target audience. You break down social media sites, email touch points, PPC keywords and any other features that will be included in the campaign to maximize exposure for this particular persona.
You also want to make sure that the people behind the brand are informed about this campaign. If you have a physical store, make sure your employees know how to redeem emailed coupons of online discounts.
How to build an integrated marketing campaign?
- Decide exactly who this campaign will target and how success will be determined.
- Identify where this targeted audience is most likely to interact with your content and make those channels the focus of the campaign.
- Bring together your marketing and sales teams that will participate in the campaign and have them set common goals.
- Have the teams outline how they will contribute to achieving the goals.
- Use your defined metrics to judge the success of your campaign and to understand which platforms are the most effective at bringing in these customers.
- Use this information to guide future campaigns to be more efficient and more productive.
Integrated marketing campaigns are an important part of reaching modern consumer. This type of campaign acknowledges that consumers do not interact with your brand on one channel-- they will be using a variety of different platforms-- and they want to be able to interact with you regardless of where they are. An integrated campaign helps you effectively meet these people and bring them closer to your brand.
- Do it now: how to plan, develop, execute, and track an integrated marketing campaign
- Explore SEO Management