Data Quant & New Era in Content Performance Marketing with BrightEdge
Supports Brands With Data Insights and Unveils Anomaly Detection Technology to Drive Content Performance
SAN MATEO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/30/15 -- BrightEdge, the essential content performance marketing platform, today unveiled the BrightEdge Data Quant alongside Anomaly Detection technology. The Data Quant, a virtual team of data scientists built into the BrightEdge platform, combines massive volumes of data from the Data Cube with immediate, actionable insights to inform marketing decisions. This intelligence layer amplifies and enhances every BrightEdge product -- including newly launched Anomaly Detection -- by actively thinking and working on behalf of marketers.
"Today, marketers are caught in a paradox; they know data is a strategic necessity, but lack the resources to analyze and make actionable the volumes of first-and-third party data available," said BrightEdge CEO Jim Yu. "In an increasingly competitive content battleground, the stakes are high and marketers need technology that not only improves efficiency, but allows them to focus on what matters. Our Data Quant does the heavy lifting for marketers, so they can spend less time digging for answers and more time focusing on the work that's most impactful for their business."
Enhancing Content Performance with the Power of Data Scientists
Brands, people and machines create more than five exabytes of data every two days. This disparate data is now scattered and largely unstructured with no means for gleaning actionable insight in its current form by hand. BrightEdge combines the breadth and depth of the Data Cube with the brainpower of the Data Quant to inject a layer of intelligent, automated decision making into every content effort in order to close that gap and deliver results.
Today, marketers are strapped for resources and overloaded with the demands of modern business. The explosion of data has created an overwhelming demand for data scientists to unravel and unlock valuable insights. The Data Quant essentially functions as an unlimited team of data scientists baked into the BrightEdge platform that thinks and grows with marketers as their programs evolve. This new technology layer completes the BrightEdge platform and alleviates marketers' pain points, by supporting them with technology that can identify trends and surface issues, showcase high performance and immediately take action to improve or enhance content.
"We produce and manage nearly 15,000 pieces of content each month," said Michael Kirchhoff, Director SEO / Product Support at PenWell Media. "It's virtually impossible for our small team of three people to conquer this extraordinary amount of content on our own. BrightEdge is more than a technology partner; it's a fourth (perhaps fifth and sixth) team member that enables us to do so much more than we'd be capable of otherwise."
A New Way to Uncover the Unknown
Coinciding with the debut of the Data Quant, BrightEdge also introduces Anomaly Detection, the newest product designed to uncover the good, the bad and, in some cases, the ugly factors that impact content marketing efforts. Anomaly Detection offers access to both the Data Quant and Data Cube to identify significant shifts in the performance of brands' content. With the help of the Data Quant, not only are performance shifts detected automatically, but recommendation notifications are served to marketers immediately. This reduces the time and resources previously spent in spreadsheets hunting for performance and market trends, in turn, freeing marketers to be more effective and timely in responding to those occurrences.
"BrightEdge's new Anomaly Detection feature is highly customizable and surfaces the important data right in front of you as it happens," said Ryan Watson, SEO Manager at Aetna. "No longer do you have to dig and search through the data to see important changes in the search landscape."
Key Anomaly Detection features include:
- Manage Business Performance: Oversees all of a company's critical performance metrics across a myriad of data sets to identify trends and anomalies. This transforms the role of the marketer from dashboard viewer to outcome driver, so they can focus on the work that matters most. Business metrics include:
- Performance metrics: the rise or fall of revenue and / or conversions from an entire domain or a particular section of content.
- Traffic: where traffic is coming from and if that traffic is rising or falling on a page or channel level.
- Engagement: the increase or decrease in bounce rate and / or average time spent on a site or page.
- Competitors: the changes in the performance of competitors' content or your content's' performance relative to the competitive landscape.
- Search rank and volume: understand the potential for traffic based on search rankings and demand for specific topics.
- Actionable Recommendations: Recommendations for how to respond to anomalies in performance are provided in line so the proper actions can be taken in a timely and effective manner. This increases the impact of the marketer as the technology prioritizes and guides efforts.
- Criteria Customization: Anomaly Detection allows marketers to set their own unique criteria for uncovering business insights. Once configured, Anomaly Detection oversees critical performance metrics to identify trends and anomalies.
BrightEdge is the essential content marketing platform that transforms online content into tangible business results such as traffic, revenue and engagement. BrightEdge's S3 platform is powered by a sophisticated big data analysis engine and is the only company capable of web-wide, real-time measurement of content engagement across all digital channels, including search, social and mobile. BrightEdge's 1,200+ customers include global brands such as 3M, Microsoft, Netflix and Nike, as well as 41 of the Fortune 100. The company is based in San Mateo, CA with offices in Chicago, Seattle, New York City and London.