What You Should Know About Content Audits
What is a content audit?
A content audit is a process of systematically reviewing all the content you have on your site. This process allows you to look closely at your optimization efforts to see how well you are meeting your business objectives. When done correctly, you will be able to find any gaps in your content so that you can adjust your process to better serve your intended audience. This will allow you to mature your content and digital strategy so that your organization can more effectively and efficiently provide the material that audiences need.
How do you perform a content audit?
A successful audit should follow these steps:
- Create a thorough list of all your content available. This list should also give you important information about your content, such as its level of optimization and its quality.
- Research how successful your various pieces of content have been, including your page and keyword statistics from the BrightEdge platform. For an even more complete picture, look at how well different groups of material, such as your early-funnel-stage content, impacts site conversions and revenue to better understand your success at each stage.
- Map your available content to your different ideal customers and their buyer journeys so that you better understand how your content is serving the customers and guiding them towards conversions.
- See how well your content aligns with different business functions, including PR, customer services, social media, and SEO, to name a few. A digitally mature organization will use their content to stretch across different specialties to create a strong online user experience.
- See how well your site is organized. Search engines and users want to see sites that are easy to navigate so that they can find the information they want quickly and easily.
- Determine what content is missing. At the end of your audit, you should be able to carefully determine where your weaknesses lie and what you should be doing to boost your overall performance.