Adobe Summit 2015 was the largest and best Summit yet. The event attracted 7,000 attendees this year - far exceeding the 5,500 they expected. The key themes of Adobe Summit could be summed up as:
- Context Means Everything - getting the right message to the right person in the right place and at the right time,
- Agile Analytics and real-time marketing,
- Content Tracking. The Adobe team put on a great conference, and BrightEdge was proud to be a major sponsor.
The BrightEdge team had a fun and productive time at the Adobe Summit and had valuable interaction and exchanges with marketers and executives from nearly 1,000 companies. Many people stopped by and talked with our team at our booth in the community pavilion, including existing customers and future customers. We demonstrated BrightEdge S3, our industry-leading search and content management platform. Visitors and press were excited about Content Optimizer 3.0, the latest release of that product that integrates with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and provides actionable insights, guiding you to create in-demand content which outperforms your competitors and is optimized at the time of creation.
The conference was abuzz about Landing Page Optimizer (LPO) Intelligence, a new BrightEdge product we announced during the conference and which Adobe featured during a number of their sessions. It provides valuable industry and competitor insights to marketers using AEM’s new performance-targeting capabilities. It was great to get to show off our current and new products and hear first hand how impactful they are to our existing customers. At the Summit Adobe introduced innovations to Adobe Marketing Cloud to help marketers deliver customer experiences that get results:
- Marketing extends to IoT. Adobe Marketing Cloud enables brands to extend the impact of marketing across more touch points including wearables and Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices. Adobe Experience Manager Screens and Adobe Target now bring personalized experiences to physical spaces like retail stores and hotel rooms and enable marketers to optimize content across any IoT device. The new IoT SDK lets brands measure and analyze consumer engagement across any of those devices. And new Intelligent Location capabilities allow companies to use GPS and iBeacon data to optimize their physical brand presence.
- Mobile app development. Adobe announced a new mobile app framework that gives companies an end-to-end workflow to manage the complete mobile app lifecycle — from app development and user acquisition to app analytics and user engagement. Also, half a dozen mobile app technology providers are integrating their tools into Adobe Marketing Cloud.
- Ad tech meets marketing tech. Adobe announced a solution, combining a new algorithmic engine and advances to Audience Core Services to unify audience targeting, buying, data and billing in one platform.
- Two new solutions in Adobe Marketing Cloud: Adobe Audience Manager, which provides greater insight into customer journeys and Adobe Primetime will deliver personalized ads across platforms, and ensure that a single user with more than one device doesn’t have to watch the same ad with more than the desired number of exposures.
- Adobe Campaign Standard enables more contextual, integrated, and coordinated emails as part of a real-time customer engagement strategy. This new offering features native integration into Adobe Marketing Cloud and a new mobile-friendly user interface, allowing marketers to create and manage email campaigns across devices.
- Adobe Analytics has several new features including Contribution Analysis to help marketers understand the reasons for anomalies in millions of data points as well as Customer Attributes, a new feature that imports data from CRM systems or any other source of online or offline enterprise data that includes a unique customer ID.
- Accenture and Adobe have expanded our alliance with Accenture Customer Engagement, a cloud-based managed service that simplifies the development, execution and measurement of digital marketing.
And the winner of the drone is: Besides learning about our products and grabbing some swag, booth visitors entered into a drawing for a Parrot AR2.0 Drone, which includes a live HD video feed to your phone. I’m happy to announce that C. Moore of U.S. Bank was the winner and will soon have a whole new perspective of his neighborhood.
The BrightEdge team will be heading up to Seattle at the beginning of June for SMX Advanced, and we hope to see you there. And, we are actively planning for BrightEdge’s Share15 event, which will be in San Francisco September 21-23 and have an open call for speakers. You can nominate yourself or someone else on the Share15 speaker nomination page.