How to Use Google Trends?
How to use Google Trends?
Good Trends can provide brands with valuable information regarding what customers are reading and digesting through Google. Remaining abreast of the latest trends can help organizations make sure that their content gets out in front of that of their competitors. It can help you identify important keywords and trends among your target customers, but also help brands see which topics are worth the investment and which ones they should allow to pass by. Here are some of the key ways that all organizations should consider using Google trends in their optimization efforts.
- Understanding rising vs falling trends
- Understanding trending patterns
- Dialing in on geographic trends
- Identify new rising keywords
- Understanding rising versus falling trends. Although keyword search volume provides users with valuable information regarding what people want to read about, it does not necessarily provide that much information into how that interest has changed over time. For example, consider a particular topic actually has been decreasing in interest over the past few months. Although the search volume is still high, the falling numbers indicate it will not be a valuable keyword in a few months. On the other hand, a related term might not yet have the admirable search volume, but trends indicate that it is rising, indicating it might be worth the investment of site owners.
- Understanding trending patterns. You can also use Google Trends to find patterns in search volumes. For example, there might be particular terms that see a spike in search volume at a particular time of the year, or even during certain times of the month or week. Knowing when these spikes will likely come can help organizations maximize the attention that their content receives.
- Dialing in on geographic trends. People in different parts of the country may also differ in their search trends. If you need to target customers exclusively in a particular region, you want to examine the search trends specific to that region. Google Trends allows marketers to examine precise geographic areas within the United States, as well as countless countries globally. Using this information, you can begin to draft content based on keywords that interest this exact population. You might find that search trends differ within your targeted region compared to the rest of the country as a whole, but studying the trends will help you make sure that the content you make has been specifically tailored to your target audience.
- Identify new rising keywords. Finally, Google Trends can also offer great insight regarding rising keyword trends. When you input a keyword or a keyword phrase, you will also get a few related keywords that have seen rising searches in Google Trends. This insight will help you tap into potentially new keywords and content topics that are becoming increasingly popular on the SERP. When you identify these rising topics and produce high-quality content for them, you help to get yourself out in front of the competition. You can produce the content first, helping you rise in the SERP and generate more conversation on social media. Let customers know you listen to what interests them and want to engage with them.
Google Trends offers some incredible information that can help guide marketers in the content creation process. The better you understand how your target customers behave online, the easier it will be to create content that appeals to them.