How Do I Make a Successful YouTube Video?
Part of this challenge is creating YouTube marketing materials that people will respond to and optimizing YouTube videos correctly. The second part, however, is understanding the technical specifications of the most successful videos to ensure that the images themselves are clear, welcoming and engaging for viewers.
What makes a successful YouTube video?
- Length: Statistically, the ideal length is just under 3 minutes—2 minutes 54 seconds.
- Opening: Your video will need to grab the attention of your viewer within 10 seconds. Studies have found that you will lose 33 percent of your visitors by 30 seconds, 45 percent by 1 minute and 60 percent by 2 minutes.
- Branding: Including branded footage helps your viewers recognize your work.
- Thumbnail: Find a frame that conveys the content and the emotion that is found in the video. Ideally, you want to find a frame that includes the main speaker looking directly at the viewer, as eye contact can be a powerful motivator and helps to engage users.
- Format: Have a format that makes your video crisp and clear. Use MPEG-4 and keep your resolution around 1280 x 720 (16:9 HD) and 640 x 480 (4:3 SD) when possible.
Your YouTube video can have a fantastic impact on how you engage your audience and therefore your Share of Voice and brand engagement. Following these guidelines can help make sure that your video obtains the maximum result.
- How to succeed with YouTube SEO?
- What is the latest Google update?
- How to create quality content that measurably performs?