As the digital marketing world continues to evolve, so are businesses and companies who are changing their marketing styles. Many companies use YouTube marketing as a way to promote their businesses and products for audiences who prefer video as a way to interact with brands.
YouTube is the second most visited search engine on the internet second to Google. Understanding how YouTube marketing works and utilizing the platform to your advantage will help to increase exposure for your business.
Why YouTube marketing?
YouTube marketing has allowed many businesses to establish their brand. YouTube alone reaches more than 18 - 49 year olds than a broadcast or cable network on mobile and 59% of executives prefer to watch a video than reading text. This shows that a large number of people are more interested in watching and viewing a video than reading an article.
Videos have a bigger influential drive, meaning it is more likely that people will act or take action after watching a video. A few reasons why so many businesses are focusing on YouTube marketing:
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video the type of content with the best ROI
- People search for more video results than any other content
- B2B and B2C marketers worldwide name video to be one of the top three social media marketing tactics
- Videos get shared more often than other marketing content
- Videos boost customer interaction
All of which are great reasons YouTube marketing may be the next marketing channel that many businesses and companies adopt.
Valuable content to focus on
It can be challenging to brainstorm what content you want to publish to draw in your audience. It’s important to generate great content that keeps your audience in touch and connected at all times and you will want to also create videos that allow your audience to build a connection and relationship with your brand.
YouTube search trends will show the most recent popular searches in the country. Knowing what to create and categorizing them in the right category will boost the exposure of your video.
Below are some content ideas that many users are currently looking out for.
- Customer testimonials
- Product demonstrations videos
- Tutorial videos
- Interviews with inspirational leaders
- Project review/case studies
- YouTube live
- Video blogs
- Highlight event videos
Knowing what you want to create and what you want to share with your audience will give you a greater chance of having your videos rated highly in importance or effectiveness. Creating videos that the audience can connect to and engage with, you will drive a lot more attention towards your video.
YouTube marketing drives success
YouTube marketing has increased drastically over the past decade. Many companies and brands are using YouTube as a way to promote themselves. Here are some useful YouTube marketing tips that many YouTube marketers use to effectively reach their audience.
- Build your YouTube brand. Create channel icons, descriptions, and logos to represent your brand.
- Consistently create compelling videos. Create content for your audience that will consistently keep them engaged
- Leverage YouTube’s tools and features. Use YouTube tools and features such as end screens and cards to allow your audience to continue to explore your previous content
- Cross-promote YouTube videos. Post and share your videos through other social media to drive more views and traffic to your YouTube channel.
- Partner with influencers. Partner up with another successful YouTuber and feature them on your channel to drive more views and clicks. You will have access to a larger audience and diversification on your channel.
- Invest in YouTube Ads. Paid content will allow your videos to appear before your audience to increase exposure to your channel.
- Post at the right times. Posting during the time that most people are active on YouTube so your video can be seen.
- Focus on quality. Don’t post to just post a video. Make sure you’re producing good content for your audience so they will want to keep watching and are looking forward to future videos.
Creating content and knowing what you want to publish will determine how well you know your audience. To accomplish a successful YouTube marketing strategy, you will have to narrow down your audience, focus on key metrics, build interest quickly, create content that makes people stay on your site longer, and ask people to share, like and comment on all your videos.
Cultivating YouTube SEO results
Not only do you have to know what type of content to publish but how to attract and have your content be seen by others. By utilizing and optimizing YouTube video content, this will help boost your views and clicks on your video.
Useful YouTube SEO tips:
- Create a good thumbnail
- Have a compelling title
- Have a video description using keywords
- Create tags – highlight keywords
- Categorize and sort your dideo
- Create annotations to generate interaction
- Implement subtitles and closed captions
- Create keyword search titles – example: ‘what is YouTube marketing?’
New wave of YouTube marketing
Digital marketers will continue to see a rise in YouTube marketing over the next decade. YouTube marketing will be the new way of reaching a new audience. YouTube is a social network that has over a billion users and many of them are spending more time on YouTube. When marketing on YouTube your content never dies out and based on research, videos that contain a personal touch will allow more people to build their trust with your brand. This is built through relating to your audience on an emotional level. When trust is built, your videos will help increase your list of leads and sales.