Competitive benchmarking is a best practice that is often discussed but less frequently used; BrightEdge research shows that 40% of marketers deliver their content and campaigns and never benchmark their competitors.
SEO is a zero-sum game where the listing in the highest rank gets roughly twice as much traffic as the one below it, so benchmarking vs. competitors in planning and after deployment is crucial to generating results.
9 Benefits of Benchmarking
Benchmarking helps broaden your perspective and understanding at a 1) Personal, 2) Planning, and 3) Executional level.
1. Reality check of external as opposed to internal results
2. Tends to broaden your perspective
3. Understand competitor focus and content strategy
4. Exploit competitors’ technical weaknesses
5. Helps prioritize opportunities identified
6. Find gap topic opportunities for calendar
7. Establish credibility with executives
8. Correctly calibrate effort and secure resources
9. Use competitive pressure to motivate your organization
If you want to learn more about how to reap these benchmarking benefits, we have the solution. The BrightEdge platform has a broad range of benchmarking solutions and we will host a webinar to review the Whys, Whats, and Hows.
Date and time: Wednesday January 13, 2016 10:00am Pacific Standard Time (San Francisco)
Duration: 45 minutes
In this 45-minute webinar Customer Success Director Brian Moore and Sr. Director of Marketing Erik Newton will walk attendees through the importance of competitive benchmarking, the process, and product-level how-to covering:
- Competitive Dashboards
- Competitive Comparison
- Competitive Anomaly Detection
- Market Landscape Analysis – Share of Voice
- Content and Keyword Gap Analysis
- Link Building Assessment and Link Expansion
These techniques will help you get the jump on your competition in 2016.
Redeem the competitive assessment offer for customers and non-customers.
If you missed the live broadcast, we have made the webinar recording available here.